Monday, January 6, 2014

Last Minute Miracles

So like, miracles are things that happen.

So I am developing this theory about miracles, and I'm still working on it, but it's something along the lines of miracles happen at the very last second, right when you are about to give up and throw in the towel and probably cry, it is at that specific moment when you choose to keep going even though you don't want to, THAT is when miracles happen. I still haven't gotten the words quite right, but you know what I mean. President Lochhead always says that God is a Fourth Watch God, meaning that when times are the toughest when it's the last 5 minutes before you go in that night, that's when He is paying the most attention and looking for opportunities to bless you the most if you do what you know is right. He also always says that the last 20% of effort brings 80% of blessings.
So this week was hard. Really hard. And I almost wanted to give up, but I didn't. I thought to myself, did Harry Potter give up? Did Frodo give up? Did Abinadi give up? Did Job give up? (yes, i am putting those people in the same category, get over it). And I thought to myself, I have been praying to become the person that I need to become. Obviously I need to become someone strong because the refiner's fire is extra hot right now. I thought about my future and I thought about my family and I kept going. And guess what happened? Right at the very last moment, we got our miracle. We were teaching our investigator Vadim, who I thought probably just wanted money from the church. Well this was our second lesson and it was a completely different experience. He wasn't distracted, he didn't have to leave to go smoke every 15 minutes, and the Spirit was there. After we watched the Restoration video he asked when he could be baptized!!!! That doesn't happen here. At least I didn't think that it did. He asked when baptisms usually happen, and we said on Saturdays and he asked if there was going to be one in January or February that he could be a part of!!!! We told him to pick any day and we would be there! He picked February 8th. Of course we still have a lot to teach him and he has a long way to go to be ready, but I am so excited. I think I forgot what it feels like to be this excited. It is incredible. So yes, miracles happen and right when you need them most.
Other than that we were in Donetsk most of the week for New Years! The Nutcracker was awesome!!!! It was pretty much exactly like the american one, except for sequins and straight faces. we had to be inside at 6 pm on new years eve and new years day and since we couldn't do anything we were given permisison to party!!! it was awesome, there were 6 of us sisters staying together (4 of us from the same MTC group) and we did tons of dumb girl stuff like play MASH and make cookie dough and eat it and have a massage train and it was like a mini vacation. it was literally heaven. i love missionary work and i am happy to be here, but it felt so good to just hang out and relax for a couple of days. also the best news is that they re-instated visa trips so sometime this year, probably in june I get to go with my whole MTC group (10 crazy sisters, we call ourselves the big 10 and i am self nominated president) to Armenia to hang out for a few days! we are not allowed to proselyte, so we just sit in a room for several days! you have no idea how excited i am. i just hope they don't have the good sense to split us up because things will probs get crazy.


Also yes I got my package just in time to wear my Christmas jammies for new years! Thank you!!!! So it got here in about 2 weeks I think! That's pretty good. I would really appreciate the under armour, i wear my thermals every day and I bet they will start to wear out soon.
okay that's it from me, but I have a question for you. all the time i bear testimony to people that my mission is blessing my family. but sometimes they ask how, specifically. so i was wondering if you maybe for family night or something could think of the blessings you have receieved in the last nine months that could be a result of my mission. i know that my life has been blessed in a million ways, but i am curious to hear about yours! 

okay thanks i love you and miss you tons! don't freeze to death this week! find opportunites to serve people and i promise you will be happier, i feel it every day! love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment